About ISTORY

About Istory brand


I
STORY is a personal life brand with the identity of “the most personal thing is the most beautiful” that designs the stories of North Korean defectors into fashion.

ISTORY creates graphic design based on North Korean Resettler's defecting story, settling process in South Korea and their future dream. We deliver their message through clothing and props.  

istoryfashion


iStory was started by Jihyun(myself)(North Korean-born fashion designer) in order to capture my identity. I defected to South Korea in my early 20s and majored in fashion at Hanyang university. After graduation, I continued to work in fashion industry. I have lived a good life through my youth, which is no different from any other Korean youth in their 20s, but I have had a confusion of identity due to the occasional issue of North Korean defectors.

I was also one of 33,000 North Korean defectors, so I was well aware of the difficulties North Korean defectors are experiencing caused by social prejudice and negative stereotype. So, in order to solve the problems faced by North Korean defectors, I launched a fashion brand called “ISTORY”







By sharing people the stories of North Korea defectors, we tried to form a sympathy providing an in-depth understanding of North Korean defectors. Fashion was the fastest way to do it and the easiest way to approach it. 


Jihyun



ISTORY means “my story” and tells the story of each and every North Korean defector. iStory participated in the global startup program called "Asan sanghoe"at the Asan Nanum Foundation from May to October 2020, and participated in accelerating, and was officially established in August this year(2021). ISTORY delivers the story of North Korean defectors through its website https://istoryus.com.


istoryus.com


ISTORY will continue to meet with more North Korean defectors working in various fields to deliver their stories in the future.


ISTORY WEBSITE

INSTAGRAM

0 Comments